The activity guides for each unit contain several activities organized around the theme of the unit. The guides provide detailed instruction and additional materials like figures, worksheets, handouts, or readings for incorporating activities into a classroom setting. Each activity also corresponds with a different academic level (Elementary / Intermediate / Advanced), which is noted next to the title of the activity.
Activities for this unit:
- A Week in a Renaissance Workshop (Elementary) – In this activity, students research the practices of a Renaissance workshop and write a journal about their own “experiences” there.
- What does a Signature Signify? (Intermediate / Advanced) – In this activity, students consider what constituted authenticity in a work of art during the Renaissance and what constitutes authenticity today. Activities 2 and 3 can be combined.
- Many Hands at Work (Intermediate / Advanced) – In this activity, students consider collaboration in the making of art, in the Renaissance and today. Activities 2 and 3 can be combined.
- Your Paragone (Advanced) – In this activity, students present their own “sides” in a paragone debate.
- Training Elsewhere (Elementary / Intermediate) – In this activity, students research artistic training and the status of artists in other cultures or eras, and then make comparisons to the practice in Renaissance Italy.